Apparently, having an interest or holdings in cryptocurrencies increases your chances of finding your romantic partner. This was revealed by a survey conducted before Valentine’s Day.
Binance, the largest crypto exchange in the world in terms of volume, did a global survey leading up to the annual occasion between February 6 to 9. The research involved 2,600 respondents and it included nine questions aimed at discovering the extent of cryptocurrency’s influence on romantic relationships. The participants’ ages ranged from 18 to 46 years old.
The study revealed the following results:
- 83% of respondents have a romantic attraction to someone who is enthusiastic about cryptocurrency. The same number of people surveyed said they preferred receiving “crypto gift cards” over traditional gifts like flowers or chocolates.
- 70% of the participants are interested to date someone with an interest in crypto.
- 60% are attracted to people who are interested in crypto because they relate it to being tech-savvy.
- 38% had a mutual interest in crypto with their respective partners
- 27% said they had a great influence on the exposure of their partners to Web3, crypto, and blockchain in general.
Factors Contributing to the Growing Acceptance and Adoption of Cryptos
From being frowned on, cryptocurrencies have become more socially acceptable in recent years. These mostly have to do with the increasing awareness, understanding, and exposure of people to it.
Here is a quick look at the key reasons why crypto is now quickly being embraced by a lot of people:
1. Increased Awareness and Education
As more people learn about the potential benefits and utility of cryptocurrencies, they become more accepting of them. Cryptocurrency enthusiasts and businesses have been actively promoting the technology, which has helped to spread awareness and understanding.
2. Adoption by Mainstream Companies
More mainstream companies, and even financial institutions, are beginning to recognize cryptocurrencies as a legitimate form of payment or are heavily investing in the integration of their products and services in the blockchain. This helps legitimize the technology.
3. Greater Security and Stability
The technology behind cryptocurrencies has improved over the years, which has made them more secure and stable. This has helped alleviate concerns about the potential for fraud or loss of funds.
4. Decentralization and Transparency
Cryptocurrencies are decentralized and transparent, which means that they are not subject to the same levels of government or corporate control as traditional currencies. This has made them attractive to people who have become disenfranchised by the traditional financial systems.
5. Investment Opportunities
Many people see cryptocurrencies as a promising investment opportunity, which has helped boost their social acceptance. As more people invest in cryptocurrencies and see returns, they become more confident in the technology and its potential.
Overall, the survey results indicate that cryptocurrency is becoming increasingly mainstream. The results of the survey conducted by Binance provide an interesting insight into the growing influence of cryptocurrency on romantic relationships. With more and more people becoming interested in cryptocurrency, it is clear that this industry is here to stay and further grow.
Giancarlo is an economist and researcher by profession. Prior to his addition to Blockzeit’s dynamic team, he was handling several crypto projects for both the government and private sectors as a Project Manager of a consultancy firm.