Are you a designer, artist, writer, photographer or musician attempting to create a Non-Fungible Token from your work? Here’s how to easily create an NFT in 7 steps.
What exactly is an NFT?
NFTs are virtual tokens that represent ownership of something one-of-a-kind and limited in supply.
It could be artwork, a soundtrack, a collectible, an in-game item, or even real estate.
Unlike regular cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, or fiat money such as the US dollar or Euro, these unique types of digital assets cannot be exchanged for one another because each token has a unique value based on its unique attributes.
NFTs, unlike regular cryptocurrencies, cannot be purchased on centralized or decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges.
They are listed and traded on online marketplaces designed specifically for NFTs, such as Opensea, NiftyGateway, Rarible and others.
Create an NFT in 7 steps
1. Open a Metamask account. This is a secure digital wallet in which to store your cryptocurrencies
2. You’ll need money in there, so you’ll need to go somewhere like Coinbase to transfer money, or better yet, buy Ethereum. Ethereum is the currency used by marketplaces that sell NFTs.
3. Sign up for one of the marketplaces (Opensea, Foundation, Rarible, Mintable, Nifty Gateway, etc.)
4. Prepare your digital art or collectibles for submission to one of the marketplaces.
5. Go to the marketplace and click the Sell button at the top.
6. Select the price, auction type, and other preferences. When you’re finished, click Post Listing.
7. You’ll then be asked to finish your list… Sign by connecting your wallet.
NFT market places
- Foundation: Foundation has quickly established itself as one of the most popular NFT marketplaces for creators
- Rarible: This is an NFT marketplace owned by members of the community using RARI tokens. It focuses on art, but there are many other types of NFT items available
- OpenSea: One of the most well-known universal NFT marketplaces. Non-fungible tokens represent ownership of a wide range of items, including artwork
- NiftyGateway — Nifty is one of the largest NFT marketplaces. You can purchase artwork from well-known artists
- Artion: Artion is an NFT marketplace built on Fantom. Users can create and trade NFTs instantly with low network costs. Artion is currently in Beta version
There are many NFT marketplaces to explore and much, much more to learn about how to create, list, sell, trade and invest in NFTs. Keep an eye on this space for more stories covering such exciting and ever-evolving technology.
I write about blockchain, crypto, NFTs and other disruptive technologies and innovations.